Thursday, April 29, 2010

Avatar Disappointment

So last night, I watched Avatar, and it reminded me that I wanted to research the concept art. I found that a book called "The Art of Avatar" is now available.



Do yourself a favor, don't buy it! For $30, there was not much work put into this book. I was expecting a vast array of drawings and paintings, especially with all of the elaborate environments and creatures that were featured in the movie. But...NO. It seems like to me they decided to create the concept art AFTER the movie was made so they could sell it for profit. There were a lot of cheesy photo composites and several times the art work was printed in very poor resolution. I think even some of James Cameron's drawings were put in there. They are BAD! With all that said, there were a few really good sketches and what looks like charcoal pieces. I have uploaded some pictures of what I thought were pretty good. So just save your money and enjoy what I have put up for you.













No comments: