Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recent Paintings

The reason I've have been finding so many old pieces is because we are moving to a different apartment and I have been cleaning house. Recently, I found this painting from Fall 2009, I believe. Our assignment was to recreate a master's painting. I did the prodigal son by Rembrant. My teacher did not write down any comments about it, however, I know there are some things that need to be fixed. We'll find out by the time portfolio preview comes around.


This assignment was an allegorical self-portrait. It was inspired by the movie the Emerald Forest. REALLY GOOD, it can be seen on youtube.com. I'm not crazy about the idea, but I don't really have a clue of what else I would do. I like myself the way I am and I can't imagine other ways people see/think of me. Maybe this assignment was a bit too abstract for me. I will get a better scan of the photo when my teacher grades and returns it.

I really love painting. It gives a great sense of accomplishment because you get out of it what you put into it. I put a lot of time and effort into my paintings. I would like to paint more often and become faster at it. These paintings took me probably 20+ hours.

No comments: